Be a Language Educator Professional. Become an ICTFL Member today!
Active membership in a professional organization provides the classroom teacher so many benefits. Members have access to the latest information relating to world language issues and quality training that makes teaching for proficiency possible. Active members develop personal learning networks with colleagues, friendships and mentorships that support professional growth. In fact, ICTFL membership is used to document both DOMAIN ONE and DOMAIN FOUR activities in Professional Teacher Evaluations (PERA). Active organizational involvement also supports National Board Teacher Certification Portfolio Four's requirement to evidence "Participation in Learning Communities." For pre-service and new teachers, ICTFL offers members Fund for the Future Scholarships to offset the cost of attending Professional Development learning events.
1. DOMAIN ONE: PLANNING AND PREPARATION (information acquired through ICTFL PD/Resources/TALL IL)
1a: Demonstrating Knowledge of Content and Pedagogy
1d: Demonstrating Knowledge of Resources
2. DOMAIN FOUR: PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (attending/presenting at ICTFL events)
4d: Participating in a Professional Community
4e: Growing and Developing Professionally
4f: Showing Professionalism
Additionally, Membership includes:
- Reduced Registration fees to Fall Conference, Winterfest and other ICTFL sponsored events
- Print and Email blast versions of the ICTFL publication Accents that keep you "up to date" and informed on relevant issues to language educators
- This website posts Job-Postings in World Language
- Eligibility for ICTFL sponsored Awards and Scholarships
- Voting privileges in the election of officers and at business meetings where major policies and programs are adopted.
- Representation at Central States Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Language
- Representation at the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language
- Representation at Joint National Committee for Languages (JNCL) and the National Council for Languages and International Studies (NCLIS)